Sunday, December 11, 2011

My daughter

Yesterday was not a good day.
I had a lot of time by myself, as my daughter was with her grandmother.
I tried to do some homework but accomplished very little.
Feeling frustrated, I went first to buy a Christmas tree, then to Boots to replenish cough medicine supplies (spending £28 on children's Benilyn, Calpol, Tampax, lip salve and children's bandaids), finally ending up at Sainsbury's.  I didn't dally too long.  I got home, had lunch and set about putting the shopping away.
I looked around.  Crap!!!  Where was my cloth bag with all the things from Boots???
I had put it on the spare shopping trolleys, when I'd put the one I was using away.  I must have left it there.  I put my coat back on and schlepped back up to Sainsbury's.  I asked at customer service but no-one had handed it in.  I went back outside to look around the trolleys to see if it was still there.
All I found was my very empty cloth bag.
What a horrid thing to do at this time of year.  I live in a nice neighbourhood and expected more of the people here.  The bag was filled with things for a child, it's coming up to Christmas and instead of doing the right thing, whoever stole my stuff, simply left an empty bag.
I was so upset and disgusted.
I tend to always try to see the best in people and I felt really let down by this.
So when I went to pick up my daughter, I reiterated my frustrating day due to lack of actual work and loss of shopping.  I said that I felt that I am really struggling and I'm not sure I can do this.
This little voice from the back seat, piped in, "Mummy, you just have to believe in yourself!"

No comments:

Post a Comment