Thursday, October 4, 2012

a tad bit early but....

I feel slightly hysterical at the moment, having just gone to 4 open house evening at 4 very different secondary schools.  

The summer disappeared very quickly and my daughter went back to school, very happily I might add. But the 3 free weeks that I had before I went back to my studies ended up being too short, they simply vanished.  

And there I was, listening to everyone talk about which secondary schools they were going to view and whether or not to move closer, just to be in the catchment.  Sadly, I am not in a position to move just to make a school choice easier.  Also, who knows where I will be next year in terms of my work and that particular schedule, so that being said, I decided to look at all fairly local schools but 2 private ones (just for the hell of it).  Bad mistake going to the public schools first before the state schools.  Now my child has a firm favourite.

We are going to one more school and then we will be done for the year.  It was strange seeing my daughter talking with the 'student ambassadors' today.  She looked so grown up and confident.  It was that scary insight into the future.  This could be where she could spend her formative teenage years. 

One strange thing is that a friend of mine had an awful time at the school we went to tonight, but I really liked it.  While she really liked the school I went to, but I had a hideous time there.

Individual lives and choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment