Sunday, May 9, 2010

No time at all

I'm sure I've written about this subject before, but it is still a major sticking point with me.
I feel like I'm living my life on a schedule, never able to just let the day role out.
For instance, today I was able to sleep in as my child was at a sleepover.
I woke up at 8.45am, got my morning coffee, went back to bed and started my homework.
Maths revision for an exam on 'shapes and space' this Tuesday.
My child was dropped off at 10.40am and we raced up to the Sainsbury's for a some much needed supplies. Raced home again and set off to our friend's house for lunch.
Only to discover that the bus was only going one stop before it did a completely MAD diversion in the opposite direction.
PAH!!!
Our lovely friend kindly hopped into her car and picked us up.
Finally we're relaxing with cups of tea/coffee, chatting and catching up while our delightful girlies play 'nicely' in the other room.
Then came lunch, more talking, cake and a ride back up the road, before we found ourselves waiting at another bus stop to go to child's swimming lesson for 4.30pm.
And gratefully, my mother came and picked us up and dropped us off.
Supper and bath came and went, with a story to end my daughter's day.
Oh gosh, almost time to sit down.
Ahh.....peace.
It's my time of day, except that I need to do some more homework and make sure the alarm is set for the morning, to begin the process all over again.
I know that I've chosen this particular path and that I'm really excited to be doing the next step in my training, which I'm sure will be even more intense, but I am so looking forward to this July. I will have almost 2 weeks off, just for me, before my child's school breaks up for the summer.
That is 2 weeks to do nothing, except wake up and take her to school.
It means that I might actually get to read a novel or do some gardening or maybe bake some biscuits.
I could even go for a stroll. Not a mad dash, pounding the pavement to get somewhere on time or early. But a leisurely walk with no definite destination in mind.
It's all about time or lack of.
Would I want another extra couple of hours in my day?
Probably not.
I would simply fill it with yet more chores, homework or some other activity, rather than taking those 2 hours to relax.
Ahh....now there's a though, 2 hours to do nothing but relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment