I know it has been a long time since my last real post, but life has been so busy between being a student and a mother.
There simply aren't enough hours in the day.
But on a sadder note, a dear friend last her mother last year to illness and a few days ago was told that her mother-in-law is now terminally ill too. She is devastated, again.
Another dear family friend of my mother, has just told us that she has breast cancer. Mum immediately had a bit of a panic.....what if?
But really, what if? This could apply to us all.
I have been following the blog of a man, a father of 2 boys, happily married to a lovely woman, who has been writing his way through his treatment. He has always been optimistic about the treatment, in the hopes that he would beat the cancer and be able to live his life. Unfortunately, yesterday he wrote that his prognosis has become terminal, that his care now is just palliative.
I cried. I had been watching his struggle for so long now, that I felt that he had become a friend, albeit a long distance one.
He is a reminder to me that life can be cruel. That you need to literally seize the day.
He will never see his sons grow up to be strong men like their daddy.
He will never enjoy later life with his wife.
Reading his blog and following his journey has been inspirational.
Oh that I could follow his writings for many more years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment