Monday, March 22, 2010

Not very capable...

Having just read my dear friend's post about flaking the salmon and making a sludge, it occurred to me that at least she is trying.

I feel like I've given up on being adventurous in the kitchen.

No slow cooker here, just a very small but edible menu that gets rotated every few days. Pasta, baked potatoes and rice with a vegetable and hopefully a bit of protein in some form or other. Occasionally, when I get to the organic shop, I'll make stir-fry tofu which gets inhaled and sometimes I even manage to make a large batch of my famous carrot and ginger soup. But lately, no joy....lost the urge and have no energy. As long as the meal is vaguely balanced, that seems to be enough for me and my child. Has she noticed? Probably not, or at least not yet.

So no domestic goddess in the kitchen at the mo.

Will start to make an effort in a few years........... after Uni (if I ever get there).

No comments:

Post a Comment