Saturday, March 20, 2010

Seeing Red!

It was about 7.30pm on a Friday night, last night in fact and the platform at Leicester Square was very crowded. The next Piccadilly line tube to Heathrow was imminent, that meant no waiting - phew! As a Londoner growing up on the tube and a regular user, I knew the drill.....cram as many people in as possible.
Thankfully, I found myself with some breathing space and a chance to look around.
It was at that point that I had to double check what I was seeing.
Red was the colour of the day.
There was a red pea coat, a man's v-neck jumper, a pashmina, coordinating bag and shoes, another coat, little fitted jacket, two little girls wearing matching cardigans and a pair of incredibly high stripper stilettos!
Red was everywhere. It was as if all the red items of clothing had migrated into the same tube carriage, all at the same time.
What was going on?
Had I missed out on getting the memo????

No comments:

Post a Comment