Friday, August 27, 2010

Sleep deprivation

I am so completely tired that I've gone past the point of actually being tired.
We flew home last night, landing late this morning with NO interference from any volcano (thank goodness!) The plane was fairly empty so we were both able to stretch out and sleep. My daughter was able to do just that, but I only managed to grab a couple of hours. So now I'm running on overtime.
My delightful daughter is sleeping soundly and under strict orders NOT to wake me in the morning. Fingers crossed.
I think its a mixture of the white toblerone (thanks nic) and a late latte, but I'm feeling wide awake and it's almost midnight.
But the thing that I really want to say in this very short post, is that I had a very lovely 'welcome home'. My man met us from the tube and brought us home.
It just felt so good to be wrapped up in his arms. With all my travels, it had been almost a month since we'd seen each other.
And to say that we are a mutual appreciation society, is an understatement.
Ok folks, as my pops would say, that's all she wrote.....

2 comments:

  1. Aww, that's lovely that he came to meet you. Welcome home x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LL.
    He rescheduled his Friday, blocked out a big chunk of time in case there were any delays. He is a sweetie. Hope all is well with you. x

    ReplyDelete