Thursday, April 28, 2011

Apple - now there's a great idea

Today I had one of those moments when I had tunnel vision.  I was on a mission and knew exactly where I was going.
Striding purposefully through Brent Cross Shopping Centre, my goal was the Apple shop.  That heavenly place where you can find all things 'mac'.
I walked straight in and towards the back of the shop to the accessories.
If I were a child earning pocket money, this would be where I would spend it (after saving for a few years).
I had decided that I needed new earphones and also some sort of system that would work in the car and allow me to play my iPod Classic and also my iPhone.
Now I specifically stated iPod Classic for this, because that is where most of my iTunes/CD collection is housed.  Sadly, there is very little that is made to accomodate both of these.  It seems to be one or the other.
Until the lovely people at Apple found a tape thingy that plugs into the iPod/iPhone, like the old fashioned ones for portable CD players.  Phew - at last a solution.
I was happy and it did NOT cost a fortune.
A hop, skip and a jump back to my mum's car with my goodie bag to start using said 'thingy'. 
Gasp of dismay!!!!
My mum's little Honda does not have a tape deck.
Oh my gosh - when did this happen?????
I was so frustrated.  This was not fair.
So I ran back to the Apple shop and returned it.
Obviously having a device that works for both my iPod and iPhone is just not meant to be.

The funny thing was, that having walked straight in twice, I did not notice that there was actually a queue outside, a long queue.
A lot can be said for being focused!!

No comments:

Post a Comment