We spent the most wonderful day with our dear friend and her two gorgeous boys. We were all at the grandparents house whose lovely little road was having a street party. Obviously, the day of the royal wedding, the street party was in honour of Kate and Wills and their happy day.
The rain held off and the sun came out. There was union jack bunting, children's laughter and bowls of jelly.
In fact, there was too many bowls of goodies.
My child ate copious amounts of crisps, sausages, crisps, jelly, crisps, chocolate, crisps, cupcakes and more crisps.
And then she went to sleep and woke up an hour later, throwing up the contents of her little tummy.
She just doesn't believe me when I tell her that all that kind of food is not good for her. She has her father's disposition and the tummy just doesn't like it.
So now I have the joyous task of cleaning up said mess.
The mattress was rotated and the bedding thrown into the wash. It is now in my neighbour's dryer and as usual, I am hugely grateful to them.
And after this small writing break, I will tackle the appliqued quilted cover, the duvet and the small rug.
Blah......not my ideal Friday night occupation.
The things we do for our children.
I hope my little love will feel better in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment