And I'm not talking about Charles Dickens.
When I first came back to London, I thought "wow! what a great opportunity for my brother to spend some quality time with his niece."
Yes they both love each other and enjoy spending time with each other.
But from very early on, I realised that he would not be volunteering his time. He doesn't offer to take her out for an afternoon, or babysit one evening, although he does do this if I ask him to.
So when I needed pick-up/ballet cover for Friday afternoons, I asked him. I gave him almost 2 months notice and he said he would schedule it at work. He told me he finished at 2. I said that was perfect.
Today as he was passing by my house, I asked him to pick up the spare keys for this Friday.
Unfortunately it turns out that he can't help me because:
a) he finishes at 3, and
b) he's on his bicycle.
Obviously I was seriously pissed off, but I quietly told him not to worry, that it was my problem to solve and not his.
It looks like I'll have to take the next 3 Friday afternoons off.
Not sure my work will be very happy.
Were my expectations set too high?
Were my expectations set too high?
No comments:
Post a Comment