My poor neighbour. I bumped into a lovely neighbour who I often see out and about. Typically we stand and chat for about 10 minutes or so about this, that and the other. But today my thoughts were in a funk and so she got a conversation full of "why me?"
So why me? Why am I finding it so difficult to meet a decent man? Am I setting my sights too high? Should I compromise? How do I carry on believing that there is someone out there for me? I've been home for 6 1/2 years and in all that time, I don't think any of my friends or their husbands have managed to put forward even an unworthy candidate. I'm not expecting them to find me a partner, but possible suggestions would be appreciated. Except that what I'm finding after talking with my friends, is that there appears to be a shortage of single men. My neighbour even said this and added that she only knew one single man and felt that he was sort of asexual. Not a good recommendation.
I have tried using dating websites and had no success, not even flirty texts/emails. I have two dates and then nothing, or there are long conversations with no mention of meeting up.
Of course I am feeling all this right after New Year's Eve, when everyone around me is cuddling up to their partner/husband. I don't want to spend another year's end like this last one. I want to be able to co-host dinner parties, or go on dates with other couples. I want to share the joy of seeing that gorgeous sunset when driving through Hampstead Heath. I want all of that and more, but I feel like I'm running out of options.
Of course I am feeling all this right after New Year's Eve, when everyone around me is cuddling up to their partner/husband. I don't want to spend another year's end like this last one. I want to be able to co-host dinner parties, or go on dates with other couples. I want to share the joy of seeing that gorgeous sunset when driving through Hampstead Heath. I want all of that and more, but I feel like I'm running out of options.
So what do I do next?
I wish someone would take my lack of relationship in hand and sort it out for me.
Wouldn't it be great if there was someone out there who took a time to get to know me and then did all the leg work for me, sorting out potential partners from time wasters.
How ideal would that be, eh?
I think you and Nicola should put your heads together and come up with some really creative options. You could even write a book!
ReplyDeleteHi Toni:
ReplyDeleteDon't think I haven't thought about writing a book about the trials and tribulations of being a single mum and trying to date. It's so bloody difficult. Not to mention sorting the wheat from the chaff.
I think between the two of us, we'd certainly have enough material.
Hope you had a good New Year.
:-)