I went dancing last night and bumped into my friend Dan and his girlfriend, Amanda. I think I'd last seen them before Christmas when I had just had a couple of dates with a man from Stoke Newington. They asked how it went and had there been more subsequent dates. I told them the dates were really nice, but absolutely no chemistry, so no more dates.
Feeling rather pathetic about the whole thing, I told them that I was losing hope in meeting someone and that I wasn't even sure that there was anyone out there for me.
And that was when Dan turned to me and said, "he is out there, he is just in a parallel universe."
I looked at him in slight disbelief at the use of the word 'parallel'.
And he explained himself.
He and Amanda had been dancing at the same venue, on the same night for a year before they met.
He said that my 'Mr Right' was probably at the same venue as me, just in a different or parallel space and that our paths hadn't crossed yet.
It made me wonder.......
Is there some truth to this?
Is it really simply a matter of being in the right place at the right time?
No comments:
Post a Comment