Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Distraction

I have handed my child over to her father.
It is done.
I won't see her now until next Wednesday.
7 whole days!
Already I am missing her presence.
She has such a sweet smile.
It is at this point in the visit, the beginning, that I worry about her.
She hasn't been well and I wish that we hadn't had to travel, but we did.
Thankfully, she perked up and became more like her normal self.
But I do worry.
Somewhere in the back of my mind, I worry that she won't come back to me.
I know it's irrational, but it is a fear.
I do my best to distract myself from it.
And I am fortunate to have dear friends and family around me, continuously helping me with this distraction.
And tonight?
My first solo night, I'm off for 'grown up' sushi with child's godmama.
A good distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment