Friday, October 1, 2010

Serendipity

Serendipity
noun - an aptitude for making fortunate discoveries by accident...

I think that I experienced this last night.
Just at my daughter's bedtime, a text message came through from another parent at her school.
Did I want 2 free tickets to see some chamber music at The Wigmore Hall.
Naturally, I immediately thought about how I could make this happen.
And happen it did.
My babysitter was available.
My child went to bed on time.
And I had my mum's car for convenience.
I got down to the hall just before the interval.
So I milled about in the foyer.
A chap walked in, also late and we started chatting, he is a photographer.
As I had a spare ticket which was closer to the front, I offered him the upgrade.
He took it and thanked me, before going off to the bar.
I went in and sat down.
As people started coming back to their seats after the break, 2 men sat down next to me.
One started talking about 'serendipity'.
Then photographer man came and sat down.
We started talking about how lucky we had both been this evening, I said it was fortuitous and he said that it was 'serendipity'.
How bizarre was that to have 2 people use the same turn of phase within 5 minutes of each other.
It was in serendipity.

No comments:

Post a Comment