Last Sunday evening, I was having an in depth conversation with an old friend, when she started telling me about another friend that had gone MIA. This friend had not responded to her emails, texts or voice mails. They had no mutual friends in common but my friend did know where this other woman worked. So she rang and found out that her friend was 'not at work today but would be back tomorrow.' My friend felt a big relief, as she had more then enough to worry about in her own life, with her own family. That being said, I told her that I had not heard from DC for a month, again no response to texts, emails or voice mails and again no real friends in common. But I too know where he works but was loath to ring there, as it felt a bit like being a stalker. But I was worried, especially as he's been traveling a lot with his latest job. We empathised with each other about 'worrying'.
Having finished the conversation, we both got our children ready for bed.
That was done, all was quiet, I sat down to do some homework.
Taking a break, I checked my email.
It has a list of all those people in my address book, also using the same company, who are online at that point.
Big surprise and bizarrely coincidental - DC was online (for a whole hour approx.)
I can stop worrying now that I know he is at least alive.
Not sure if it makes me feel any better.....
No comments:
Post a Comment