Can I just start by saying, "How old are you?????"
I mean seriously, didn't we all grow out of this when we left our early twenties behind?
Last night, I was chatting with a friend between dances and we got on to the subject of two other girls and New Year's Eve.
Earlier in the year, I had felt that the two girls and I had the beginnings of a nice friendship, lots of communication, meeting up at venues etc. But since the summer, I feel like I have been dumped. One of the girls changed her Facebook settings so that I can't write on her wall. My old nemesis, 'Insecurities' started to rear it's ugly head. But I thought to myself, no, it's not worth worrying about. Then in recent weeks, people have been talking about New Year's Eve. The Dance is being held at a different venue this year and the friends I went with last year, aren't going. I'd sort of resigned myself to staying in. But then after talking with this friend last night, I mentioned that the two girls had most definitely not invited me to join them. She said the same thing. It just felt a bit too selective. We are not part of the 'in-crowd'. That we are not flavour of the month.
And all this just made me feel like I was interacting with teenagers.
There seem to be two camps of people at Ceroc.
Camp 1, where it is one big happy family and everyone is included.
Camp 2, only the favoured few, the elite are accepted into the inner circle, and who knows what the criteria is for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment