In the inimitable words of Carrie Bradshaw, I got to thinking about relationships last night.
Here we all are, coming to the end of yet another year and for the most part, it was a really good year. But what is it that I want?
And after watching yet again, the final episode of Sex and the City (for the umpteenth time), it occurred to me that I have a similarity to Carrie. No it is not my fabulous shoe collection or my incredible wardrobe filled with vintage couture, it is that I too am someone who is looking for love. It was her final conversation, her speech if you like, to Aleksander the Russian, that has brought about this ruminating about love. She looked at him and said that she is "someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love."
It is also what she says about relationships that resonates within my world, "there are those relationships that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."
I know that this 'real love' is out there, but I also know that it has to be a two way street and not a one-sided thing. It is multi-faceted and full-bodied and like a good wine, improves with age.
So to ask the question, do I believe in 'real love'?
Abso-fucking-lutely!
(Thanks Big)
No comments:
Post a Comment