Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pay it forward


I often wonder about ‘what’ I will leave behind and how my daughter will remember me. A lot of what I do on an almost daily basis is part of the ‘pay it forward’ theory. It doesn’t cost anything to open a door for someone, or to give up your seat on the bus. But it might inspire others to do the same, thus making this world a better place.  This is part of the little life lessons that I hope rub off on my child, being considerate and thinking of others.  To me, it's about the small things that might just make someone else's day better, not to mention that I feel better for having done a good deed.  But I think the main thing that people will hopefully remember about me is what a wonderful child I have and hopefully that she'll grow up in to an equally thoughtful adult, with her own blank canvas on which to make her mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment