Saturday was a most glorious, sunny day.
My daughter and I took a young friend for a walk across the Heath. The friend is only here for a few month, while she decides where to go to university and so she is exploring London.
(Good choice!!)
We started off with a rather delicious brunch to fortify ourselves for a long walk.
We began our walk on public transport, taking it all the way up to Kenwood House in North London.
We got off the bus at the lodge gate and walked down the windy, little road to the front of the house. To the right of the house is a vine covered tunnel. As you walk through, it affords you one of the most beautiful vistas in London. We turned right and walked along the gravel promenade towards the Henry Moore and went out of the gate onto Hampstead Heath. My goal was to walk down towards South End Green, grab a coffee (which we did) and then walk back across the bottom of Parliament Hill.
It was on the way to Parliament Hill, that we walked past a motorbike whose paniers were covered in stickers from far off countries. The owner of said bike was walking towards us, so I made a comment, "something about having come a long way". He smiled and we carried on.
We had gone most of the way down the road, when I turned to my friend and said, "oooh, I want to read his blog." She suggested we go back up the road, so we did and he was still there, perched on his bike with no helmet on. I asked him if he wrote a blog, he did and he gave me the address. We chatted a bit more and went our separate ways.
The day was wonderful. We enjoyed each others company. The sun was shining and we walked miles.
Later that night, I tried to find his blog but couldn't. It turned out that I had a word wrong. His blog was good. Well the photos were amazing but the writing was more a concious stream of 'talking-like' prose, but it was really interesting to see all the amazing places he's been to.
I did drop him an email and have had one back but unfortunately this is not likely to go anywhere.
But it should be fun following him around the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment