It has happened again.
My daughter's long-term wobbly tooth finally came out yesterday.
The new tooth had already grown in, so her mouth looked rather funny and a bit crowded.
It came out at dinner, somewhere between the first bite of food and the last.
We wrapped it in a tissue and put it in a little box for safe keeping until bedtime. At that point, it went under the pillow.
Child went to sleep and my evening carried on.
I finally got into bed, turned the lights out and fell asleep.
I woke up early. I could hear that my daughter had gone to the bathroom and then back to bed.
And that was when I remembered!
Oh crap!!
I had forgotten, I mean the tooth fairy had forgotten to swap the tooth for a coin.
I leaped up, grabbed a 50p (deflation!) and quietly went into my daughter's room
As I kissed her good morning, I slid my hand under the pillow and swapped the tooth for the coin.
"Mummy, is it morning yet?"
"Yes, darling," I said as I walked out of her room towards the kitchen.
"Mummy!!! The tooth fairy remembered!!!!" shrieked an excited little voice.
Phew!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment