Oh what a colossal waste of time that was.
What began with the needs to resolve a cable issue and the need to have my own wireless ended in me pulling my hair out.
It has been going on for several years...this frustration that I have with Virgin cable.
I was happily enjoying the ordinary service of Telewest, when they were unfortunately bought out by Virgin and that was when it began.
To begin with, Virgin and Sky could NOT come to an agreement, so the Sky channels were dropped by Virgin....there goes Lost and Bones.
So not fair.
Then the on demand doesn't work properly most of the time.
"Re-boot your box", I'm told.
Ok, so I do that periodically and still no change.
Virgin finally gets the Sky channels back...yippee.
But then they put Lost on a Friday night, oh well can't do anything about that.
The on demand works, then doesn't, then does, then doesn't...etc
Finally about a week and a half ago, my Sky 1 disappears.
Not Sky 2 or 3, just 1. The good one (scuse the pun).
I am not liking life (admittedly, I should be doing homework and NOT watching the telly).
So finally today, I rang Virgin and had a big rant.
A seriously big rant.
They are sending round a chap to sort it out, next week and giving me a new cable box and a whopping big credit of £10.
And the reason I rang Virgin was to organise wireless.
Having got a quote for that, I then rang BT thinking wouldn't it be nice to have all 3 bits (phone, broadband/wireless and TV) all on one bill.
Just trying to simplify life.
BT appeared to be brilliant and helpful.
Gave me loads of deals and info, set it all up for a weeks time, emailed me the list of available channels and great, it was all sorted.
Or not.
I had asked about a few key channels and was assured that I could get all the usual dramas etc.
So when the email list arrived, I read through it.
Crap!
My channels weren't on the list, in fact, very little was.
So what exactly had I just agreed to pay for?
I rang BT back, discussed it and cancelled my order.
Whatever their 'vision' is, it is not for me.
What an absolute phenomenal waste of my time.
And to add to it all....I still have no wireless for my laptop to do my homework.
Ahhhh!!!!!
What began with the needs to resolve a cable issue and the need to have my own wireless ended in me pulling my hair out.
It has been going on for several years...this frustration that I have with Virgin cable.
I was happily enjoying the ordinary service of Telewest, when they were unfortunately bought out by Virgin and that was when it began.
To begin with, Virgin and Sky could NOT come to an agreement, so the Sky channels were dropped by Virgin....there goes Lost and Bones.
So not fair.
Then the on demand doesn't work properly most of the time.
"Re-boot your box", I'm told.
Ok, so I do that periodically and still no change.
Virgin finally gets the Sky channels back...yippee.
But then they put Lost on a Friday night, oh well can't do anything about that.
The on demand works, then doesn't, then does, then doesn't...etc
Finally about a week and a half ago, my Sky 1 disappears.
Not Sky 2 or 3, just 1. The good one (scuse the pun).
I am not liking life (admittedly, I should be doing homework and NOT watching the telly).
So finally today, I rang Virgin and had a big rant.
A seriously big rant.
They are sending round a chap to sort it out, next week and giving me a new cable box and a whopping big credit of £10.
And the reason I rang Virgin was to organise wireless.
Having got a quote for that, I then rang BT thinking wouldn't it be nice to have all 3 bits (phone, broadband/wireless and TV) all on one bill.
Just trying to simplify life.
BT appeared to be brilliant and helpful.
Gave me loads of deals and info, set it all up for a weeks time, emailed me the list of available channels and great, it was all sorted.
Or not.
I had asked about a few key channels and was assured that I could get all the usual dramas etc.
So when the email list arrived, I read through it.
Crap!
My channels weren't on the list, in fact, very little was.
So what exactly had I just agreed to pay for?
I rang BT back, discussed it and cancelled my order.
Whatever their 'vision' is, it is not for me.
What an absolute phenomenal waste of my time.
And to add to it all....I still have no wireless for my laptop to do my homework.
Ahhhh!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment