Not sure if I've grumbled about this before but if so, then I'm doing it again.
I got on a bus at about 10.45pm last night, not too late.
It was fairly full with no seats on the lower level, so I stood where the buggies would normally go.
My journey takes about 1/2 hour at that time, with many more people getting on and off.
Firstly, an obviously pregnant woman in her late twenties got on. Did anyone offer her a seat? No, not a single person.
Then an elderly woman, followed by an elderly man got on.
Someone gave the woman a seat, but not the man.
Finally another elderly woman got on and also had to stand, at least for a few stops.
Most of the people sitting were my age or younger and could quite easily manage to stand for their journey.
It just amazes me the lack of respect and courtesy that people do NOT have any more and yet, everyone of them would probably expect to be given a seat when they reach their older years.
It costs nothing to show kindness.
I got on a bus at about 10.45pm last night, not too late.
It was fairly full with no seats on the lower level, so I stood where the buggies would normally go.
My journey takes about 1/2 hour at that time, with many more people getting on and off.
Firstly, an obviously pregnant woman in her late twenties got on. Did anyone offer her a seat? No, not a single person.
Then an elderly woman, followed by an elderly man got on.
Someone gave the woman a seat, but not the man.
Finally another elderly woman got on and also had to stand, at least for a few stops.
Most of the people sitting were my age or younger and could quite easily manage to stand for their journey.
It just amazes me the lack of respect and courtesy that people do NOT have any more and yet, everyone of them would probably expect to be given a seat when they reach their older years.
It costs nothing to show kindness.
No comments:
Post a Comment