Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And so it happened

The thing that I had most wished for happened.
It has been 3 months since we last saw each other and tonight DC walked into the dance hall and stood there. It took me a minute to realise that he was actually here or rather there.
We talked, admitting that we were both finding it hard to not to touch.
Both his sister and mother are not doing well.
His time is not his own.
After a while, we walked upstairs.
He couldn't stay as he had to drive back up north, again.
To say that it was hard to let go is an understatement.
We both found it hard to separate.
I know that I sounded emotional and he could hear it when I spoke.
And his kiss confused me more than I can say.
I have no idea when I'm going to see him next.
Tonight threw me, my balance went, again.
And I know that once again, it will only be a matter of time before my balance returns.
But for now, as Simply Red once sang, "I'm holding back the tears...."

No comments:

Post a Comment