Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yet another one.....

Last night I had to remember to turn the alarm off.
I have it set on repetition for school days, except that there was no school today.
Our lovely teachers are on strike with good reason, but it just means that it is yet another day off in what feels like a long line of them this term.  
Our school was closed for the wedding, for polling and for inset days, not to mention all the other bank holidays.  Have they had a full week of school this term?
Yesterday, I sat there wondering what I was going to do with my little girl.
Today, I feel like we didn't stop.
It was one thing after another, that started with buying new sandals for her.
Then came Sainsbury's, then a quick Starbucks.  It was quick because I forgot that I was supposed to be meeting someone a mile away to collect some keys.  Then came lunch, followed by me sitting down for 20 minutes.  A quick bike ride into the park where we met up with half the children from her school and made it home just in time, before the rains came (again).  Her bath was run and supper was started and now I'm sitting down, again.
But I promise I'll only sit down for a quick minute.
I am so looking forward to 8pm, when my time can begin and if I so choose, I can just simply sit on the couch doing nothing but watching the telly.
What will your evening bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment