Every now and then my daughter comes home with various tales of incidents that have happened at school with various other children. There are 2 such children that crop up all too often, A & B. We have known A for a long time, before the girls even started nursery and B only for a year or so. A is super tall, while B is shorter but carries a bit of excess weight. Both are strong willed and more than a bit manipulative. I have caught both girls out in lies on a few occasions. Well today my child told me that A had been pulling her cardi and that A said that she was going to kill her. Then she said that A was now going around telling everyone that it was the other way around.
In this situation, what do I do? As a parent, do I just take note of this and be watchful? Do I talk to my child's teacher again? She had been bullied by girl B earlier in the year. I was bullied a lot in secondary school and it is not something that I want my girl to go through. I want her to grow up strong and confident in her ability to move through life. Is today's stumbling block going to have an adverse affect on her in later years, hopefully not.
She is playing happily in her room with a friend. Their little noises that are seeping through the cracked door are so sweet. Long may it last.
school is always the most problamtic, its heart renching that we have to leave our children in the hands of others, and then question our judgement all the time as to whats best to do to help them find their way in the world having to watch them from a distant not knowing quite how to respond to things like this because we're not their to know what truely is going on, I'm sure your daughter will grow up strong and confident because she knows that you listen and love :D
ReplyDeleteSarah: It turned out that my child had only told me the second part of the story. Her teacher resolved the whole thing and we shall be watchful in the coming years.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment. x