Sunday, January 3, 2010

All forlorn or not...

My poor tree looks so barren.
This afternoon myself and my army of little helpers, 2 borrowed from the downstairs neighbours, set about taking all the many decorations down from my beautiful Christmas tree. The baubles, the trinkets, the lights and finally my beloved Father Christmas, made for me many years ago by my mother.
It seems to have shrunk somewhat.
But this nakedness is how this tree began life with me, so really it has just come a full circle.
As my first post for 2010, I feel like this is quite an appropriate idea for this is the beginning of a new year. It could be seen as the birth of a new year, fresh, young and full of possibilities.
As my friend and fellow blogger, Dumdad, said of my last post:
"Tomorrow is another day"

And with that in mind, I embrace this, the latest of our new years, much as I did last year and look forward to all that lies ahead. This is how I hope to approach each day, open to whatever crosses my path, hopeful in happiness, in success, in health.

No comments:

Post a Comment