Monday, January 11, 2010

There's snow business, like snow business (as per my Pops)

After chatting with my lovely friend in Chicago, we both agreed that England is clueless about snow.
Chicago has a very brutal, snowy winter every year, not every other year or every few years, but absolutely without fail, EVERY year!
And believe it or not, life and business does NOT stop, but continues daily. People get up, in the snow and go to work. Schools are open and for the most part, the city's transport system runs according to schedule.
I suppose we could put it all in perspective and think about the winters in Siberia, Iceland, Greenland, Finland etc....
Anyway, that's it for now, time to go out into our mild winter and pick up Child from school.

1 comment:

  1. Chicago gets a heck of a lot more bad weather than we do in Southern Ontario.

    I totally agree in Britain I don't know what they are thinking when it comes to clearing the roads........

    Stay warm and safe,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete