As I get nearer and nearer to my 42nd birthday, I find myself ruminating on what it's all about.
And really its more a question of determining what the 'it' actually is.
I find that this year, I'm not that interested in gathering all my various friends together for a drink or something to eat. I feel like I need a break from organising things, as that seems to have been all I've done the past 10 months with college.
I know that my friends are my friends and that they're not going anyway. So whether I see them this week or next month, it won't change the friendship.
But what has been wafting through my thoughts has been to do with what I can experience in my life. I have just successfully managed to pass a 10 months intensive Access course, it was tough but worth it. I have been enjoying my man for the past year. My daughter and I are going to Austria in August.
And really its more a question of determining what the 'it' actually is.
I find that this year, I'm not that interested in gathering all my various friends together for a drink or something to eat. I feel like I need a break from organising things, as that seems to have been all I've done the past 10 months with college.
I know that my friends are my friends and that they're not going anyway. So whether I see them this week or next month, it won't change the friendship.
But what has been wafting through my thoughts has been to do with what I can experience in my life. I have just successfully managed to pass a 10 months intensive Access course, it was tough but worth it. I have been enjoying my man for the past year. My daughter and I are going to Austria in August.
This has nothing to do with excitement, rather more to do with mental stimulation. It's all about the exposure to other places, people, smells, food, life. It is not about the material things. I don't need 'things'. I have enough of whatever I need to get me through my daily existence. But what I sometimes crave are the new sensations that add a richness to my life. That can expand my life tapestry, creating more colour and dimension, giving it a greater depth of variety. Its about tasting the flavour of living amply and in full measure.
No comments:
Post a Comment