Saturday, July 3, 2010

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon....

Except that it was Saturday morning, after the night before.
It had been a beautiful evening with DC.
We went out for a meal and then caught the last hour and a half of dancing.
Neither of us were feeling the 'groove'. I felt like I was out of practice.
But by the end of the evening, with a few good dances behind us, very hot and sweaty, we headed home.
Earlier before we had set out, he said to me "the reality of the situation is....."
"Ok, what?"
"....is that I can stay the night."
What can I say, I was quietly excited. It had been a while since both our schedules coincided like this and to add to it, neither of us had anywhere to be until almost midday.
To us, being able to spend more than a few hours together was a luxury.
We eventually went to sleep, slightly cuddling.
It was the end of a long and final week of college for me and I was exhausted.
Being with DC was the perfect tonic for me.
I fell quickly asleep, knowing that I would sleep more than him.
Sure enough, I woke up a few times, opening my eyes, only to see him watching me with a smile.
He likes watching me sleep, watching me breath, being peaceful.
And I like waking up next to him, feeling his warmth, his strong arms wrapping around me as I roll in to him.
We made tea and coffee and brought it back to the bed. The French doors were open, the sun was shining and a gentle breeze was blowing as we sat there listening to the morning bird song.
I wished we could have stayed there for longer, but reality set back in and we eventually got ready for the rest of the day.
To say that I am besotted is an understatement.
Smitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment