Walking around the Art Institute, seeing so many familiar things.Paintings that may have been a part of a traveling exhibit or simply Nighthawks.
I am sitting in front of a painting by Frederick Childe Hassam called Une Averse - rue Bonaparte.
I recognised the street immediately.
For my first visit to Paris when I was 16, my mum and I stayed on Rue Madame, it is around the corner from Rue Bonaparte.
But for me my favourite part of Rue Bonaparte is where it meets Blvd. St. Germain.
It's where Aux Deux Magots is and I have spent many an hour with a Citron Presse, whiling away a spring afternoon, people watching.
Oh joy!

I am sitting in front of a painting by Frederick Childe Hassam called Une Averse - rue Bonaparte.
I recognised the street immediately.
For my first visit to Paris when I was 16, my mum and I stayed on Rue Madame, it is around the corner from Rue Bonaparte.
But for me my favourite part of Rue Bonaparte is where it meets Blvd. St. Germain.
It's where Aux Deux Magots is and I have spent many an hour with a Citron Presse, whiling away a spring afternoon, people watching.
Oh joy!

No comments:
Post a Comment