Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fear

One of my greatest fears is that I'll wake up one day and find that I cannot walk or move.
I saw Julie/Julia this afternoon, after which I stood up and my right ankle hurt.
I had no memory of doing anything to it.
But having been a 'mover' my whole life, the thought of not being able to even walk normally, scares the hell out of me.
I had a serious fall from a horse just 2 months before my wedding. I was knocked out and had a soft fracture in my right hip. Due to the concussion, I lost 4 hours of my life, but the hip healed.
My trainer at the time, who is now my friend, likes to remind me of the conversations that we had during that time, repetitively.
But being incapacitated is no laughing matter.
This is the only body I have and I need to keep it fairly strong and healthy.
I think that I'm doing ok on the healthy part, I just need to keep the bones and muscles intact.
It is all such a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment