No, it's not the latest designer name in high end denim.
It's me admitting and finally succumbing to the addiction so long participated in by two of my dearest friends.
Having never been much of an 'abuser' of anything except my trusty iMac, it came as a big, no HUGE surprise to me, that I could so easily be seduced by the deliciousness of such a wonderful fabric as 'designer' denim.
I spent my youth wearing Levis 501 button down men's jeans, loved them for forever, great memories.....
Then in recent years, partly due to weight gain and lack of funds, I've been buying my denim at Gap, in the sale no less.
I needed new boot cut and straight leg in January, so bought 2 pairs.
I thought to myself, well that will last me a while, at least a year or so.
But NO. That was not to be.
I started dancing and dating, changed my diet and lost 10lbs.
Oh dear, 2 new pairs of jeans bought in April at Gap.
Phew!!
All is good.
End of story??
No, not quite.
Arrived in Chicago for a visit and one of my dear, addicted friends said, 'here I have a couple of jeans for you to try on'.
Citizens of Humanity and AGs.
WOW!!!
I was salivating.
This was almost thrilling.
Dribbling.
A tingle went down my spine.
Heart was palpitating.
Ok, remember to breath.
In for 10 and out for 10.
Quickly removing my 'other' pair, I slip on the first pair of new jeans....COH.
Gosh, what a delight.
A perfect fit.
Then I try the next pair, AGs, a little tight, but that was not going to stop me.
Oh no, I will be strutting around in these babies for a long time to come.
But wait!!!!!!
Yet another pair was to be joyfully donated by addict friend #2, although they originally came to her via addict friend #1.
And who am I to turn down such a generous offering.
So I said yes, to friend #2 and a pair of DoJos by 7 for All Mankind.
They were shorter and so would work well with flat shoes - yippee!!!
Yes, you may call me spoiled or indulged.
But I think that after this visit, I am now well and truly...........
.........addicted to jeans!!!!!!!!!
you forgot to say how goddamn hot you look in your new jeans!! Seexxxxyyyy...so glad to have introduced you to a new addiction.
ReplyDelete