It never occurred to me that a person could be recognised by their bottom, but that is exactly what happened to me on Friday night.
I had decided NOT to wear my usual skinny jeans, but to don a pair of rather nice black trousers....just for a change.
And so I'm happily dancing and spinning my way around the hall when I caught a glimpse of a man friend (MF), who I would normally see at the Tuesday venue. I was very pleased as he is one of my favourite people to dance with.
A few dances later, I wended my way through the crowd to find him and his opening remarks were, "I saw you earlier as I recognised your bottom".
Before I had time to respond, he whisked me away for a dance.
Judging from the goofy grin on his face, I think I must have looked quite shocked by what he had said.
Thinking about it later, it sort of started to make sense to me. If a person has their back to you, then you can't see their face, so it is their overall silhouette that you would recognise. That is unless there is a distinguishing more prominent feature, such as the shape or size of their rear end. My dear friend has broad shoulders and small hips and from behind she has always reminded me of a swimmer. There are many attributes that can make a person stand out in a crowd. Sometimes it can be their posture, or the style and shape of their hair, maybe they have a distinctive walk.
It used to be (many, many years ago) that in the warmer months, people would recognise my back, so I'm left wondering when did the recognition go south to my bottom?
No comments:
Post a Comment