Sunday, February 20, 2011

Letting go

Today was an amazingly productive day.  The above photo shows 8 bags of old clothes.
Clothes that haven't seen the light of day or night for quite some time.
There are bags of coats, old jumpers, t-shirts and even underwear.
It felt very strange letting this all go.  Suits from my corporate life, jumpers from post-pregnancy, jumpers from pre-pregnancy, BIG jeans, little jeans and everything in between.
Some of the items were very strong reminders of my life with my ex-husband.
Some things were even older then that.
It was a cathartic and emotional challenge that a really lovely friend helped me with.
I wouldn't say that she was ruthless, but she was very firm.
It was yes or no.  There was no grey area.
And looking at the bags sitting in my hallway, I'm really glad that I had her help.
I would never have been able to manage half this amount without her.
Thank you T.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, well done you. I don't fully believe in Feng Shui but having a clear-out always makes me feel lighter somehow, so there must be something to it! You have reminded me that I want to do the same and build up a new wardrobe full of clothes I love now that my baby-making years are over {sniff}.

    ReplyDelete