Thursday, February 3, 2011

Perfection?

I was told off by two people the other for giving myself a hard time about my studies.  I keep beating myself up about not being 'good enough'.
I feel like I'm struggling at the moment to get back into the flow of University learning.
I know I'm not reading enough and I really haven't managed to improve a psychology assignment as much as I would like.
We are always being told that this current work is 'formative' and that all the grades we receive are only indicative and NOT actual.  We only need to pass this year in order to move on to the 2nd year, but yet I'm still feeling like I'm floundering.
I'm flailing about in a subject that I thought I had more knowledge about, but really don't.
Am I kidding myself about being able to do this?
I look around me at the rest of my peers and their work experience seems to be so much fuller than mine.
I do wonder what it was about me that got me onto this degree.
I don't want to settle for a 2.2, but am I setting my goals too high, aiming for a first?
The likelihood is that I will get a very decent 2.1 and I would be happy with that.
It is the achievement of completing this degree successfully that I am after.
So then what is it that is hindering me now?

No comments:

Post a Comment