An idea that comes to mind. Something is said or suggested. It bounces off the already busy walls of your mind. You are filled with 'what if?' Does the idea have merit? Does the idea warrant further investigation? Curiosity gets taken for a stroll. Thoughts of long-term use for the idea drift by. Or is the idea short-term? The idea gets played with, toyed with, flirted with. You dabble with the idea. Splattering notions onto scraps of paper. Something else is said or suggested. And words get digested. The idea starts to look less appealing. There is uncertainty. The possibility of not living up to expectations, of being below par, not articulate enough. And the idea gets shelved, put to one side, to be revisited on a rainy day - maybe. Or maybe not. In reality, the idea is best left alone, not a venture to be pursued. This idea did not come to fruition. It was not undertaken. It has been dissipated.
Very thought provoking.
ReplyDeleteOh God...you've been in my mind...go on admit it!
ReplyDeletemuummmmmeeeee..........(not sure if I have enough letters in your name)..
ReplyDeleteOk.....I admit it....I've had a glance around your very interesting mind! :-)