Friday, March 25, 2011

I knew she was so clever!!!!

One of my oldest friends just texted me to say that she had been accepted on the training that she wanted to do.  The school is one of the hardest places to get into for this sort of training and she did it.
I couldn't text.  I had to ring her and scream down the phone.  I was literally crying with tears of joy for her.  
She is so passionate about this field and would have settled for an alternative training but she worked like a fiend for her first choice and her hard work paid off.  I have complete faith that she can do whatever she sets her mind to.
She is one of the most amazing women I know, who on the surface has a great life and if you look below the surface, that is also what you will see.  But the road to her wonderful life was not easy by any stretch of the imagination.  She has been a huge support to me especially over the last 5 years.  But in the 25 years that we've known each other, our friendship has never faltered.  I know that without fail at 12.01am on my birthday, I will get a birthday text from her.  Her friendship and love is something that I hold close to my heart.
So now, when I see all that she has, all I can think is that she absolutely deserves it.
I only wish it wasn't midnight, otherwise I'd be raising a glass to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment