A slight exaggeration, but my excitement levels are quite high at the prospect.
Last night, I went through the application process for tickets to the next Olympics.
Our Olympics.
2012 - the year when London will be inundated with millions of extra people.
My mum rang while I was in the middle of all this, so I told her what I was doing.
She told me that she had gone to the 1948 Olympics with her dad.
If I get my tickets, there is no guarantee, I will be taking my child to see the women's 'artistic gymnastics' and the mens equestrian show-jumping.
This is such a momentous occasion for our city.
I don't think I really care about any of the negatives because with a bit of luck, this will be a really terrific memory that I will be able to give to my daughter.
It goes back to my thoughts of legacy and hopefully this will be one of the many things that she'll remember, with a smile.

Good luck! I didn't even think about applying for tickets - mad really because it'll be one of our country's biggest events during our children's early years...
ReplyDeleteGood luck and hope you have a great time if you get there!
ReplyDelete