Ok....I'm a HUGE fan of BBC's Silent Witness, since discovering it in the latter part of my time in Chicago, in the early days of BBC America.
So you can imagine my surprise when I get on a bus after a meeting and come face to face with one of my heros, Professor Leo Dalton.
Oh my gosh, here I was less than a foot away from the man.
At first, I'd looked at him and thought oh what a handsome man.
Then I'd thought, oh do I know him?
I'm like my mother in that I think I went to school with everyone or that everyone is from the area I grew up in. (Please don't burst that bubble).
And then it dawned on me.
No, this man was an actor. I even knew his name, William Gaminara.
So what did I do?
I tapped him on the shoulder and told him that I thought he was fabulous. I left off the bit about him being gorgeous or looking amazing in his grey cashmere sweater and 5 o'clock stubble.
He was very gracious and we chatted briefly.
Or rather I gushed about how devastated I was when 'Harry' had been killed but that I thought they worked really well as a team, with great dynamic and that Leo is the 'grounding rock' of the team.
I mean seriously....who did I think I was? The programmes psychologist?????
Anyway, he told me that they have started filming the next series to which I replied....Phew! Thank goodness.
At that point, he smiled and said good bye as he was getting off the bus at the next stop.
And I sat down, grinning to myself before ringing my dear friend to tell her what a fool I'd made of myself.
P.S. I don't normally talk to famous people, as I believe they have a right to their time, but in this instance, I did.
And it made my day!!!!

Good for you and I think you behaved with dignity and grace. If I'd bumped into one of my heroes, he'd have ended up hobbling down the street with me hanging from one of his ankles...
ReplyDeleteTrust me when I say that I am still thinking about him, wishing he hadn't been wearing a wedding ring!!!!!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think if that had been Martin Shaw I might not have been able to speak!!!
ReplyDeleteCJ xx