Thursday, March 3, 2011

Salivating....

Actually no, not salivating.
Dribbling.
Or breathing heavily.
Or remembering that I should blink every once in a while, but can't because I don't want to miss a second of watching him.
Him?
Who?
Well it all started back in 2002 when I was still living in Chicago, with a new cops and robbers series called The Wire.
Ahh....I see a little spark of interest go up.
I thought it would be the same old, same old, but no.  The producers had the foresight to bring on board an amazing actor.  But who did he play?
Hmmm......which of the hard core characters was I interested in?  
That would be Russell 'Stringer' Bell.
Well it wasn't so much the character as the actor playing the part.  An undeniably attractive East Londoner who went by the name of Idris Elba.  I gushed profusely about him, raved about him, even liked his FB page (is it his real page?).
OMG!
Talk about a man's man.  Wow!  
For a start back then, I literally grabbed onto anything or anyone that sounded English, even with an American accent.
But more recently, for those of you living here in the UK, he played the lead role of Luthor, a rather trouble but enigmatic (and gorgeous) man....in London.
Knowing that he came from the East End, I did wonder if he needed a guided tour around North London, but sadly no-one contacted me about it.
So when I heard about him being in The Big C, my heart jumped and skipped a beat.
And really that's it.
I've been watching The Big C......waiting......until.....tonight.
This was the episode.  Yes he showed up, flirted with Laura Linney (lucky woman) and then they did the deed.  Just like that.
So NOT fair.
But I guess that that is the beauty of television, in that it was not real and they were just acting.
But still.....I can only dream.
Sigh...........



1 comment:

  1. Like you say, we can dream!!! I wonder if they ever dream about us... LOL.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete