I've just realised that it has been quite a while since my last post.
The reason for this is probably down to the fact that I've just started a course at college, with a view of doing a degree next September.
It has been almost 20 years since I left university that last time, so this is quite a challenge for me.
At the beginning of the week, I was a nervous wreck.
The induction week loomed ahead.
I woke up Monday morning with horrid butterflies in my tummy.
This was my first day back in full time education and I was unsure of what to expect.
It was the start of a 4 year stint of studying.
Oh gosh....what had I signed up for?
Oh well, here goes....got Child to school on time and then began what could be an hours journey on 2 buses, to college.
Actually it only took 45 minutes, including the waiting time, not too bad really.
And then there I was, waiting in the queue for my student ID. Yes, it's official. I am now a full time student and member of the NUS.
Ok, on to the next task....finding my classroom.
3 flights of stairs later and there I was walking in to a room filled with 22 others.
To say that I am one of the oldest in the class is an understatement. At least 2 thirds of the class are between 19 and 24. Everyone has something unique to contribute to the team, so we shall see how we all get on as time goes by.
Mostly female and 1 poor man.
Hope he survives the year.
It is now Thursday morning and the induction week is over.
My studies will start in earnest on Tuesday. I'll have a 3 day school week, with the other days being Thursday and Friday.
So watch this space and keep your fingers crossed that I don't fall at the first hurdle.
The reason for this is probably down to the fact that I've just started a course at college, with a view of doing a degree next September.
It has been almost 20 years since I left university that last time, so this is quite a challenge for me.
At the beginning of the week, I was a nervous wreck.
The induction week loomed ahead.
I woke up Monday morning with horrid butterflies in my tummy.
This was my first day back in full time education and I was unsure of what to expect.
It was the start of a 4 year stint of studying.
Oh gosh....what had I signed up for?
Oh well, here goes....got Child to school on time and then began what could be an hours journey on 2 buses, to college.
Actually it only took 45 minutes, including the waiting time, not too bad really.
And then there I was, waiting in the queue for my student ID. Yes, it's official. I am now a full time student and member of the NUS.
Ok, on to the next task....finding my classroom.
3 flights of stairs later and there I was walking in to a room filled with 22 others.
To say that I am one of the oldest in the class is an understatement. At least 2 thirds of the class are between 19 and 24. Everyone has something unique to contribute to the team, so we shall see how we all get on as time goes by.
Mostly female and 1 poor man.
Hope he survives the year.
It is now Thursday morning and the induction week is over.
My studies will start in earnest on Tuesday. I'll have a 3 day school week, with the other days being Thursday and Friday.
So watch this space and keep your fingers crossed that I don't fall at the first hurdle.
No comments:
Post a Comment