Friday, September 11, 2009

Silently sleeping

There are nights when I go into my child's room, to check on her before I go to bed and I find myself just standing there.
My heart literally swells, it skips that beat as I look down on this small person, who is growing daily. Changing before my eyes.
Her snuffling in her sleep makes me smile. She is totally unaware of my presence.
I am still in awe that she is mine. She came from, yes there was her father, but the miracle that is birth still amazes me, even 6 years after the fact.
She seems so peaceful and calm tucked up in her duvet. Her face peeping out from beneath the covers.
Her skin is so perfectly smooth and soft, that it's hard to imagine her as a spotty teenager (perish the thought!)
Kissing that delicious cheek, I smile as I leave, closing the door gently.
Walking into my room, my quiet sanctuary, I remind myself how lucky, how blessed I am to have this feisty, gorjous girl in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment