A dear friend told me that I'm a 'giver'.
Why did she tell me this?
Lamenting to her that while walking down the street the other day, I found myself feeling guilty.
I felt guilty for having various luxuries around me.
I live more or less, hand to mouth.
I have just enough money for bills.
My child has literally bags of lovely hand-me-down clothes.
We were given a brand new Wii fit our birthdays this year.
Last, I was given a fantastic MP3 player.
Just moved service providers and got a mega phone.
I have a brilliant computer on loan.
I'm walking about in expensive designer jeans, donated by a friend.
My cousin gave me a gorgeous bag.
I walk everywhere and I'm very proficient on public transport.
This list is almost endless and yet I live this fairly frugal life.
I see this picture, two sides of a coin that my conscience doesn't quite know how to marry the two together. Sometimes the 'things' in my life feel out of place, like nothing quite belongs.
My mum turned to me the a couple of days ago and told me how lucky I am, to have what I have and to be amongst such generous people.
My friend told me I'm a 'giver', a person who does for others.
And in doing for others, others think of me when wanting to 'donate' amazing things.
New Man said something to me last night that surprised me.
He said that although he knows many people, he doesn't have a lot of friends. But that I do.
He said that I seem to have a way about me, that draws people in, that makes a person want to align with me.
I feel quite humbled that two of my 'special' people see me in such a graceful light.
Why did she tell me this?
Lamenting to her that while walking down the street the other day, I found myself feeling guilty.
I felt guilty for having various luxuries around me.
I live more or less, hand to mouth.
I have just enough money for bills.
My child has literally bags of lovely hand-me-down clothes.
We were given a brand new Wii fit our birthdays this year.
Last, I was given a fantastic MP3 player.
Just moved service providers and got a mega phone.
I have a brilliant computer on loan.
I'm walking about in expensive designer jeans, donated by a friend.
My cousin gave me a gorgeous bag.
I walk everywhere and I'm very proficient on public transport.
This list is almost endless and yet I live this fairly frugal life.
I see this picture, two sides of a coin that my conscience doesn't quite know how to marry the two together. Sometimes the 'things' in my life feel out of place, like nothing quite belongs.
My mum turned to me the a couple of days ago and told me how lucky I am, to have what I have and to be amongst such generous people.
My friend told me I'm a 'giver', a person who does for others.
And in doing for others, others think of me when wanting to 'donate' amazing things.
New Man said something to me last night that surprised me.
He said that although he knows many people, he doesn't have a lot of friends. But that I do.
He said that I seem to have a way about me, that draws people in, that makes a person want to align with me.
I feel quite humbled that two of my 'special' people see me in such a graceful light.
Ah babe. Glad D also commented. It's all soooo true.
ReplyDeleteAnd one of the reasons that good things come round to you is that you never take any of it for granted, you show endless gratitude for your friendships and you take the time to 'feed' them regularly
xxx
Don't feel guilty you sound like a lovely person! How lucky are you to have a man say such fab things about you, think he may be a keeper :) And i agree with Nicola you get back what you put out x
ReplyDelete