Wednesday, September 9, 2009

friends and others..

On a completely different note, my child is hilarious.
Yes, I'm sure we all think our children are:
a) Hilariously funny;
b) Incredibly beautiful;
c) Highly intelligent;
etc.....
But seriously, mine is.
At least tonight she was 2 out of the 3.
Sitting around the dinner table, a good family tradition that I uphold with absolutely NO telly on, a conversation was started about friends.
Child started talking about a new girl in her class and who her 'buddies' were. Boys were mentioned.
I took a breath and asked the question, "do you have a boyfriend?"
There is one particular boy who has been 'betrothed' to most of the girls in the class. He's the youngest boy in the class and a bit of a Lothario, at least according to his dad.
So the talk continued about friends.
And I was then asked whether I had a boyfriend.
Oh now how do I answer that one.
Hmm..with that I waffled on about how I have many friends, both boys and girls.
"But mummy..."
Ok, there was no escaping this one.
So I didn't quite tell the truth, instead I asked whether it would be ok for me to have a 'boyfriend' one day.
"Yes of course you can have a boyfriend mummy".
Then I was thrown for a loop.
"You might meet one when you're dancing, mummy. You can ask the boys you dance with, if they like you."
Oh my gosh.......where did that idea come from??
"Ok", I said. "Should I ask all of them?"
"No mummy, just ten at a time".

There you have, seal of approval to move on from none other then my Child.
How great is that!!!!

1 comment: