Sunday, September 20, 2009

New Addiction

I was given my first Mac 4 years ago and an iPod Classic last year for my birthday.
Pandora's box was now officially open.
After an initial frustration with it and not knowing my 'key strokes', I soon fell head over heels in love with it.
I'm not sure that I've ever been so in love with anything that wasn't human and male.....
Over time, I got to know the ins and outs of this beloved beast and treasured my time with it.
Alas, moving slower then molasses, the fateful day came some time last winter, when it decided to give up the ghost and move on to greener (or in it's case, bluer) pastures.
Oh no - disaster!
What was I going to do?
Thankfully my boss stepped in and saved the day.
Being a gadget man, he liked to update everything.
The latest Mac, iPod, iPhone etc.....
So he donated his spare iMac to me, saying that it was mine for as long as I worked with him.
The man is the epitome of generosity.
This new iMac opened up ever more doors of possibilities.
I was madly in love, again.
At least I was until last Friday, when I found myself walking into The Carphone Warehouse and changing my mobile phone contract from Orange (I had been a very loyal customer) to O2.
Why?
Quite simply.....
In a word.....
The iPhone.
Oh my gosh! Let the gushing begin.
This is the creme de la creme of all mobile phones.
It is exactly what my brother said to me, "a sexy phone".
And I will even take an insult from my best friend, who called me a 'bitch' when I told her I had an iPhone now.
I am now almost complete.
Once I have my delicious Macbook, my life will be fulfilled.
Oh joy! What more could I ask for, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment