Thursday, September 17, 2009

Technically challenged!!!

I am so ready to scream.
And I would do just that, except that my child is asleep in the next room.
I am getting so frustrated, that I may be driven to drink.
I used to think that I was fairly savvy with the ins and outs of life with a computer, until I came face to face with installing a printer.
I was a PC girl for many years, using one for daily work, while having one at home to tinker about on the Internet etc.
But then came the day, that Child and I arrived back home in the UK with not much more then a few suitcases and no computer.
Life began again.
Found a flat and settled in.
Friends started donating 'things'.
One of these dear friends, opened up her garage and told me to 'take'.
I came away with an older iMac, tv and various kitchen bits.
The old iMac gave up the ghost earlier this year and thankfully another dear person came to my rescue.
A much new iMac is now sitting in my living room, being used prolifically daily.
Remembering that my mum had bought a new laptop last year, which came with a printer. As she had one already, she donated the new one to me. So I went off into the depths of my cupboard and dug it out.
Got the printer to work independently of the Mac and then it came time to 'Install'.
Sounded so easy.
Maybe in your world it's easy, but not in mine.
I am stumped.
I cannot figure out how to run the software disc or what application to use.
This is something that I should absolutely know what to do, but I don't.
I feel like a complete novice.
HELP!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment