Sometimes you have to stop, step back and look at where you've come from to realize where you now.
It is all about the journey.
I know that I would not be who I was if it weren't for a number of fairly major things that have happened to me in the past.
If I had not gone to the States, I would not have met my ex and I would not have had my beautiful child. Did I want to go to America? No not particularly, but I needed an escape at that time, so I'm glad that I did go.
The flip-side of going through my painful divorce, was that I was able to come home.
Did I want a divorce? No, but again, it has happened and it took time, but I have managed to move on.
My cousin always tells me that things happen for a reason.
I wake up in the mornings and appreciate where I am.
My life is in no way perfect, but for now, I am right where I want to be.
I'm on a path forward.
A path that probably won't be all that easy, but one that could yield a better life, a more sustainable life.
It is a path that I think will lead to a 'sense of self-worth' and an ability to do something more with my life.
At the risk of sounding corny, I hope one day to make a difference.
It is all about the journey.
I know that I would not be who I was if it weren't for a number of fairly major things that have happened to me in the past.
If I had not gone to the States, I would not have met my ex and I would not have had my beautiful child. Did I want to go to America? No not particularly, but I needed an escape at that time, so I'm glad that I did go.
The flip-side of going through my painful divorce, was that I was able to come home.
Did I want a divorce? No, but again, it has happened and it took time, but I have managed to move on.
My cousin always tells me that things happen for a reason.
I wake up in the mornings and appreciate where I am.
My life is in no way perfect, but for now, I am right where I want to be.
I'm on a path forward.
A path that probably won't be all that easy, but one that could yield a better life, a more sustainable life.
It is a path that I think will lead to a 'sense of self-worth' and an ability to do something more with my life.
At the risk of sounding corny, I hope one day to make a difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment