Saturday, September 12, 2009

Unfounded uncertainties

Confidence is a funny thing.
One minute you're full of it and the next you're not.
It is something that should be bottled and easily retrievable for those anxious moments when you really need it.
When you say to yourself, "oh...I could use a bit of confidence, now where did I put that bottle?"
Or perhaps it could be bought at your local "SpaceNK" (not sure it's really Boots's price point).
"Excuse me, do you have the latest Eau d'Confidence?"
It's like putting on your favourite jeans with a pair of killer heals, it just adds that little bit of something.
And tonight, I had that except for that silly little bit of uncertainty.
It has been almost 5 weeks, what if he didn't show up tonight?
I forced myself not to watch the door and actually had a great time, in my favourite jeans and sparkly dancing shoes.
And then there he was.
Looking incredible in his suit.
I thanked my dance partner and slowly walked over, forcing myself not to run.
His smile said everything, more than words.
Why did I even worry?

No comments:

Post a Comment