Saturday, October 3, 2009

Inability to...

For some reason, I am full of knots.
I feel completely anxious.
I can't focus on the task at hand, namely homework.
My memory stick doesn't work with my Mac and my printer is not compatible.
I'm being very short with my child, snapping at everything.
I'm tired of telling her to listen all the time, except its not all the time.
I don't feel very compatible with a lot of things right now.
Last night, I watched a good friend collapse on the floor.
He's had quite a few turns over the last few months.
He went white and clammy.
His heart raced.
It was horrible waiting for the ambulance to come.
It felt like hours.
He's only a few years older than me and looks healthy.
But obviously something is seriously wrong.
I felt helpless.
I didn't know how to help him.
I didn't know what position to get him into.
I just sat with him and held his hand, while various other people did what they could.
Another friend went in the ambulance with him.
He's ok-ish today.
But this is such a reality check on so many levels.
Sometimes I feel like I simple cannot get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment