Child likes her hot waterbottles.
But tonight it was like pulling teeth to get her to do anything!
Dawdler, procrastinator, both good names for her.
There always seems to be something better to do then the task at hand.
And tonight, enough was enough.
Finally in bed, with a story read, the light went off, lots of kisses and....
"Mummy, can I have a hot water bottle, pleeeeaaase??"
My answer was no, its too late.
As the door was closing, I could hear her little voice say, "mummy, if you do some work tonight, maybe after you finish your work, maybe if you have the time, mummy could you maybe make a hot water bottle, but only if you want to, maybe?"
Oh my gosh, what's a mummy to do, eh?
But tonight it was like pulling teeth to get her to do anything!
Dawdler, procrastinator, both good names for her.
There always seems to be something better to do then the task at hand.
And tonight, enough was enough.
Finally in bed, with a story read, the light went off, lots of kisses and....
"Mummy, can I have a hot water bottle, pleeeeaaase??"
My answer was no, its too late.
As the door was closing, I could hear her little voice say, "mummy, if you do some work tonight, maybe after you finish your work, maybe if you have the time, mummy could you maybe make a hot water bottle, but only if you want to, maybe?"
Oh my gosh, what's a mummy to do, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment